Colorado Composes seeks to educate and encourage teacher and student participants to become more confident in the creation of music through composition.
Our project offers educational opportunities for learning that enhance the creative process and works to stimulate the practice of the musical composition craft through the use of compositional themes, instructional tutorials by working composers, participation awards and personal composition mentors.
Each student participant works one on one with a composer mentor in the project. Adults and teachers also have the opportunity to compose and receive mentoring with a published composer who will guide them through the composition process.
The Project creates a composer community through NOTEFLIGHT, a web based music notation program, to allow social contact and sharing of musical ideas with participants in the project.
Since all musicians, even composers, must practice their craft, our participants are given the time to learn, develop and become proficient in music composition long before having to enter a formal competition or composition contest. The Colorado Composes With Friends Project is committed to the development of the music creator.
Recommended Summer Programs for 2019
JUNIOR COMPOSER SUMMER PROGRAM IN MINNESOTA
The 2018-2019 Composing year
Feel Inspired, Stay Inspired, Be Inspiring!
About Colorado Composes
Colorado Composes Project with friends is a collaborative project conceived by two music teachers in August of 2015. This project is committed to instructing and inspiring a new generation of musicians and composers not only in Colorado but around the nation. Our purpose is to...
Colorado Composes seeks to
- Educate and encourage participants tobe more confident in the creation of music through composition.
- Offer tools enhancing the learning process.
- Stimulate the creative process through the use of frequent themes, composer tutorials, and participation awards.
- Provide Opportunities to learn from modern-day composers through video instruction and resource materials.
- Create a composer community through NOTEFLIGHT to allow social contact and sharing of musical ideas with participants.
- Increase participation in state, regional, and national composer contests by giving our participants time to practice their craft and realize the musical potential within them. Watch our video welcome.
The Composer Bar
Music Compositions given a 4 & 5 star rating by our presentors and mentors are posted on our Composer Bar each at the end of each creative theme.