The 2017-2018 Composing year
Sparking the Creative Genius Within You
The 'Colorado Composes With Friends Project' is devoted to the creative process through the education & encouragement of music teachers and their students in the creative process enabling young composers to create, compose & share their musical compositions.
To date, our student participants have composed 230 pieces
for six themes in the 2016-17 academic year.
Visit our Student Composer Bar to listen to our 4 & 5 Star Composers from Module 3.
About Colorado Composes
Colorado Composes Project with friends is a collaborative project conceived by two teachers in August of 2015. This project is committed to a new generation of musicians and composers not only in Colorado but around the nation. Our purpose is to...
Colorado Composes seeks to
- Educate and encourage participants tobe more confident in the creation of music through composition.
- Offer tools enhancing the learning process.
- Stimulate the creative process through the use of frequent themes, composer tutorials, and participation awards.
- Provide Opportunities to learn from modern-day composers through video instruction and resource materials.
- Create a composer community through NOTEFLIGHT to allow social contact and sharing of musical ideas with participants.
- Increase participation in state, regional, and national composer contests by giving our participants time to practice their craft and realize the musical potential within them. Watch our video welcome.
The Composer Bar
Music Compositions given a 4 & 5 star rating by our presentors and mentors are posted on our Composer Bar each month.